Appliance Product Licenses for Scaleable Functionality
IpTL’s appliances are full-featured and include all the functionality needed for successful installation and operation. To provide the best value, IpTL does license specific capabilities or functionality so a customer can right-size and expand as driven by their application.
Licenses can be added to any appliance at any time. All licenses are a one-time charge and are perpetual to the appliance. This means no recurring payments or renewals and the functionality never ends.
The following lists the most common licenses:
|License Type ||Functionality ||Notes |
|Connection || |
- Enables a Client Tunnel to a server.
- Enables a Server to terminate a remote connection from a client.
- Typical SKU is a “xxxxx-xx-9501”
- Each license enables one connection (tunnel) client or server.
- There is no limit to the number hosts, networks, or VLANs over a connection.
- One connection license required for each simultaneous connection between appliances.
- Connections are system-wide and can be used across any tunnel and are not limited to a specific tunnel.
|Tunnel || |
- Enables an interface for the origination or termination of connections.
- Allows additional configurable port number and configurations.
- Typical SKU is a “xxxxx-xx-8501”
- Each license enables one tunnel port.
- Often used in multiple site segmentation, bonding, failover, or mesh connection deployments.
|vGate™ IPsec tunnel Connection license || |
- Enables IPsec termination on a server appliance.
- Use for iPhone, Android, PC, MAC Client connections.
- Does not consume an “9501” connection or “8501” tunnel license.
- Can work simultaneously with other IpTL Tunnel technologies.